Cute Christian Cozy Mystery

Maggie Dove: A Mystery - Susan Breen

I received a copy of this book from Random House Publishing Group-Alibi via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

This is a cute christian cozy mystery that kept me engaged until the end. The setting of the story in a picturesque small town along the Hudson River was exceptionally real. Growing up in that area I could not only see but smell the surroundings as I was reading. Susan Breen also did a great job at making the main character Maggie Dove very human. I felt like I knew her from the very beginning. A mystery writer for a main character was a first for me which made the story interesting to see how she would handle solving a real murder.

To me the murderer was easy to flush out but the reason why not so much. However, the author does give you other persons of interest to think that maybe your first guess was not right. Knowing who the killer was did not deter me from continuing to read this very entertaining story.

I was delighted to be able to get to know Maggie Dove, and look forward to spending more time with her.